Fortunately, it’s easy to save money and time with a DIY facial scrub. Plus, there’s a chance you already have all the ingredients at home. If not, tag on a few extra items to your next grocery store trip, and your skin will glow in no time.
Benefits of DIY Facial Scrubs
Although most people assume that homemade facial masks aren’t as powerful as professional treatments, they are still wonderful to work into your beauty and skin-care routine. For example, lavender is a great flower for a facial scrub because of its many benefits. Once you learn how to make your own lavender mint oatmeal facial scrub, you can add it to your regular skin-care routine.
The rubbing action of applying one boosts circulation and helps bring blood flow to the skin. Additionally, each of the ingredients has unique benefits for your skin.
- Mends skin conditions and damage from the sun
- Contains vitamins and minerals, which function as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds
- Great for sensitive and all skin types
- Highly moisturizing for the surface of the skin
- Acts as a gentle exfoliator, removing dead skin cells
- Supports collagen production, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Also exfoliating for the skin
- Smooths the skin’s surface
- Helps with rehydration
- Great for people with dry skin
- Anti-inflammatory for specific skin conditions
- Used in aromatherapy to uplift mood
- Antibacterial and cleansing
- Protects skin with its antioxidative qualities
- Calming for the mind
- Relieves stress and improves memory
- Helps relax muscles
- Invigorates the respiratory system
- Awakens the senses
- An eight-ounce glass jar for storage
- Three-quarters cup oats
- One-quarter cup cane sugar
- Half a teaspoon dried lavender flowers or two to four drops of essential lavender oil
- Half a teaspoon dried mint leaves or two to four drops of your favorite mint essential oil
- A mixing bowl
Making the Scrub
- Blend oats until almost entirely powdered, leaving some small chunks
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl to mix
- Store scrub in a glass jar in your bathroom
Applying the Scrub
This is easiest to apply right before getting in the shower, but you can do it any time with a sink.
- Get your face wet
- Pour about one to two tablespoons of scrub mixture on your hands and begin to mix with any residual water on your hands
- Gently apply all over your face, scrubbing in smaller circular motions.
- Let sit for five to 10 minutes
- Rinse off with water
Homemade facial scrubs are simple to create and easy to modify. After you’ve gotten a feel of how to make your own lavender mint oatmeal facial scrub, you can experiment with other herbal combinations to find the perfect blend for you!